How many economic developers that you know have lost their jobs due to overpromising and under-delivering on failed development strategies? Strategies that look-like and sound-like the competition or your aspirational communities are prone to fail. How can an EDO look different and act different from the competition? The solution lies in big data methods.
In-depth data analysis is the platform for creating unique strategies and tactics. Taimerica is unsurpassed in bringing cutting-edge econometric techniques like multivariate models, fuzzy set analysis, spatial econometrics and Monte Carlo simulation to economic development research and strategy.
We have command of the latest tools for big data analytics in economic development. Our expertise and track record are the primary reason that other planning and development consultants of subcontract with Taimerica to conduct economic modeling on their projects. The list below illustrates the depth and sophistication of our work:
- Aviation related growth forecast for Slidell Airport (Loren Scott & Associates)
- I-49 Corridor Economic Impact Study (NW LA COG)
- Baton Rouge Airport highest and best value estimates (BR Airport Authority)
- Expert witness on economic value changes from Westbank Expressway Expansion (Daigle, Fisse & Kessenich for LA DOTD)
- Monte Carlo simulation of LNG exports for Port of Lake Charles (with CSRS)
- Monte Carlo simulation of US oil production and imports (International Studies Association)
- Multivariate modeling of incarceration/District Attorney cost tradeoffs ( 22nd Judicial District of Louisiana)
- Long-term population and tax base projections (Recreation District #1)
- Residential population and commercial employment forecasts using spatial economic models (St. Tammany Parish)
- Residential population and industrial and commercia employment allocation model for Calcasieu Parish Louisiana (CSRS & Sasol USA)
- Economic impact and spatial allocation modeling for 15 petrochemical and LNG investments in Lake Charles Louisiana (CSRS & Sasol USA)
- Benefit/Cost modeling for tax incentive programs (St. Tammany Corp).
- Economic impact and spatial allocation modeling of economic growth from the BRAC 2007 process in Northern Alabama (Huntsville-Madison Chamber of Commerce)